A Comfortable Rehabilitation Option
For those who struggle with traditional land-based therapy, aquatic therapy a great treatment opportunity. Patients need not possess swimming skills to benefit from aquatic therapy. Treatment can be performed in sitting and/or standing positions.
If you suffer from one of the following, chances are, you can benefit from aquatic rehab:
- Arthritis Pain
- Low Back Pain
- Stroke, MS, Cerebral Palsy
- Joint Replacement
- Sports Injuries
- Difficult with Walking/Balance
The Benefits of Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy is one of the safest, most comfortable treatment options a physical therapy patient will ever experience.
- Decreased Pain
- Improved Range of Motion and Flexibility
- Improved Strength and Aerobic Endurance
- Improved Walking Skills
- Improved Confidence and Mental Status
- Buoyancy – it eases the stress on your muscles and joints.
- Temperature – the warm water soothes and relaxes the body.
- Viscosity – the “thickness” of the water provides gentle resistance.
- Turbulence – moving water gently challenges the body to maintain balance and control.
- Hydrostatic Pressure – this pressure provides natural relief of joint swelling.
Please bring appropriate swim attire or a shirt and shorts that can be worn in the pool. Bring your own towel or we have them available. Shower and locker room facilities are available for your convenience.
Our staff are specially trained to provide you with an individualized aquatic therapy treatment program. Aquatic therapy is covered by many insurance plans.
Give us a call today to learn more!